Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My visit to sabarmati Ashram







Sabarmati Ashram (Gujarati) also known as Gandhi Ashram, Harijan Ashram, or Satyagraha Ashram) is located in the Ahmedabad suburb of Sabarmati adjoining to famous Ashram Road, at the bank of River Sabarmati,4 miles away from the city Town Hall.



I went there morning 8 am and there making me a feel to sense the old days. Near by there is Dandi bridge which no more using and almos ruin. It was from here on the 12 March 1930 that Gandhi marched towards Dandi,241 miles from the Ashram with 78 companions in protest of the British Salt Law, which taxed Indian salt in an effort to promote sales of British salt in India.

The ashram now has a museum, Gandhi Smarak Sangrahalay. You can found lot of unique collection of photo. I took some snap shot with my N900.I am attaching some of those pics here.

In Middle of ashram you can fond the Bapu hut which have one kitchen , Bapu room., Kasturba room and guest room.


In Kitchen there is some utensils which make you remind of those old days. Bapu room containing in middle one charka and one small bed.

When I was starting from there I felt why I was leaving this place .. This is the place where all India big decision took , this is the place where Bapu stayed .. these memories came as tear in eyes.

Thanks ....

No comments:

Post a Comment